LOGIN WITH FACEBOOK

Forum Bookmark and Share hero

Home > Community > Forum

Title
Skill Damage Exact Calculation !!!

309**

• Posted:2009-06-20 03:25:23
    •    Post subject: Skill Da
    • This has been tested on several characters all with noticable difference between their base damage and int.

A = base damage = ( strength + weapon damage ) x 1.AR / 2 [ for average

Ex. Str = 200, weapon damage = 300-310, AR = 10.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

A = (200+305) x 1.1

B = Int. CA = skill damage

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since getting this equation involves usage of log and answers were obtained by calculators, significant errors are also involved. There for two equations are listed: one over estimates, one underestimates, and the average should be very close ( usu with error of about 10 skill damage ).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eq 1 : 0.05 x A x ( B ^ 0.779 ) x 1.SAR = CA1

Eq 2 : 0.065 x A x ( B ^ 0.732 ) x 1.SAR = CA2

( CA1 + CA2 ) / 2 is ur average CA. So ur skill damage should be within the range of CA-10 ------> CA +10.

• FRA*****

• Posted: 2015-01-21 11:57:02
    • Post subject: Skill Da
    • » wrote : 3090****This has been tested on several characters all with noticable difference between their base damage and int.

A = base damage = ) strength + weapon damage ) x 1.AR / 2 [ for average

Ex. Str = 200, weapon damage = 300-310, AR = 10.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

A = )200+305) x 1.1

B = Int. CA = skill damage

Since getting this equation involves usage of log and answers were obtained by calculators, significant errors are also involved. There for two equations are listed: one over estimates, one underestimates, and the average should be very close ) usu with error of about 10 skill damage ).

Eq 1 : 0.05 x A x ) B ^ 0.779 ) x 1.SAR = CA1

Eq 2 : 0.065 x A x ) B ^ 0.732 ) x 1.SAR = CA2

) CA1 + CA2 ) / 2 is ur average CA. So ur skill damage should be within the range of CA-10 ------> CA +10.

• FWF****

• Posted: 2010-05-22 03:36:49
    • atm making Flash so that everyone can insert there stats and calc the skill dmg without a calculator lol

my math aint that good but good enough to rewrite the equation to

a AS3 code

would apreciate if u could write down the equation with the logs cause all the ( are making it a pain lol)

edit: finished

http://www.mediastudentworden.nl/HOsite/guides/
  • 309**

• Posted: 2009-06-20 03:25:38
    • How to get maximum skill damage : ( ONLY FOR MAX SKILL DAMAGE )

Also needs to be averaged and use basic calculus to find value of A and B.

Note that everyone has limited total points possible. Therefore

Str + Int = a constant for a normal character with fixed level.

Constant = C in this case.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eq1: 0.779 / ( (C+Average weapon damage ) x 1.AR ) ^ 0.221 - 1.779 x B ^ 0.779 = 0

Plug in your C and find your B, which is the points you should put your int as if you want max damage, then put rest points on str.

(C + Average weapon damage) x 0.779 / 1.779 = B1.

(C + Average weapon damage) x 0.732 / 1.732 = B2.

B1+B2 / 2 should be the int you want. then C-B = your str.

====================================================

How the first two equations were obtained.

By testing several characters. I found that : dA/A = dCA/CA

Since more str = more CA per point of Int, CA should be result of multiplication of Damage and Int.

Assuming 100 damage corresponds to 1 damage extra per pont of int.

Ex: 700 damage ( including weapon off course ) = 7 damage per point of int. ( this assumption is not applied in the equations )

therefore the equation takes the form of :

constant x A x B ^ n. n does not have to be whole number.

Then by comparing varies data, n is obtained and the constant as well.

Please leave feedback for wether it works.

Thank you very much.
  • LAS**********

• Posted: 2009-06-20 03:34:06
    • *.* Holy smokes. Thats way too mathematical for my brain to percieve. Will be great help for those who can figure out what that all means.
  • TRU*****

• Posted: 2009-06-20 03:47:39
    • Nice, but should probably be in Player Guides...
  • XMA*****

• Posted: 2009-06-20 03:50:43
    • did u consider effect of fire, water, wind?
  • 309**

• Posted: 2009-06-20 03:55:37
    • i dont even no what fire water wind do lol
  • ALE*********

• Posted: 2009-06-20 04:11:10
    • can you explain with real stats? for example whats better with 1k points, 200 str rest int? 250 str? whats better with for ex. +5 pearls 110 weapon or +5 with 3 pearls?
  • THE**********

• Posted: 2009-06-20 04:12:55
    • And what about Added min max sdmg?
  • 309**

• Posted: 2009-06-20 04:30:18
    • K, let me explain this abit.

According to my equations. It says, one should have higher basic damage than your intel for you to achieve high damage.

This is true, explains why u have high damage when u have 700 with vio and 400 intel, and which is why higher lvl people add some strength when a certain limit of intel is reached. There is a perfect ratio between overall damage and intel. this does not mean that how many str and how many intel you put at what lvl will give u max, it can all depend on weapons and their stats.

Example, weapon damage in average 350, str is 100, intel is 400, which is common?

then CA = ( 350 + 100 ) x 400 ^ 0.779.

and calculate the other one to and take the average.

If you have SAR then just multiply them.
  • 309**

• Posted: 2009-06-20 04:32:47
    • Both AR and min, max damage are included and are shown in your characters thing, with damage / defense / skill defense w/e.

the damage shown there is your damage you will use in the equation and it includes your strength points as well since 1 str adds 1 damage.

say u have vio , 300 base, 30-40 extra, 100 str, then ur basic damage is

430-440, and the average is 435, plug in formula which becomes

constant x 435 x ur intel to the power of N.

SAR needs to be multiplied at the end.
  • GUG*****

• Posted: 2009-06-20 04:36:49
  • PUD******

• Posted: 2009-06-20 05:37:11
    • this is too high for me either not just for bami how i see...
  • THE**********

• Posted: 2009-06-20 06:09:11
    • I tried ur calculation, but i think u use some parameters wrong. In my calculation I get a wrong CA. The CA says 1300, while i got 3200. I think you forgot a parameter. Or put the wrong combination on the forum. Can u send my a ingame piggy, so i can talk to u there. My ingame name is:

BlueElemental
  • 309**

• Posted: 2009-06-20 07:42:41
    • since u got over 3k CA, assume you have a weapon on, i believe u mistaken A for strength. A = strength + weapon damage OR the numbers shown as ur DAMAGE in your characters tab.

So maybe u had 150 str, but u have 400 damage over all or something like that. i invited you as buddy.

IGN: zFly
  • 309**

• Posted: 2009-06-20 08:13:12
    • Since many dont get this, here are some example.

Clean BM weapon ( advantage : pure skill damage directly added, therefore no matter what + it is, it does not affect what ponts you should put to maximize your damage )

Clean Spear : 291~378 with 100 extra damage added.

BM bracelet, which addsd 100 damages and 280 skill damages

This is common for people above 70. Assuming the character here for computation is 76 ( my lvl so i dont have to calculate possible points )

If you do not add anything to dex, your possible points should be :

580 points, including base points came along with lvl 1 character since they will also affect result.

So, the damage from your weapon and bracelet gives you an average of

534 damages.

So, your intel should be : ( 534 + 580 ) x .779/1.779 = 488.

So by subtraction, your str should be 92 points.

Now plug back into the CA equation :

0.05 x ( 92 + 534 ) x 488 ^ 0.779 = 3889.

There are extra damages coming from bracelet : 280 and spears base skill damage, i dont know what clean is but my +1 is 280.

So with a +1 spear and bm bracelet, max damage at lvl 76 possible (no ht) is 3889 + 280 + 280 = 4448.

My character is 200 str / 373 int, rest dex, with the above items, i have

3977 skill damages. As you can see the difference is significant. ( nearly 500 )

Also this build gives more intel ( skill defense ). If you still do not get it, you can post your lvl, possible stats, items including all damages and SAR and i can calculate your best fit stats for you.
  • ALE*********

• Posted: 2009-06-20 09:13:52
    • 220 str

763 int

110 weapon ( blade ) full pearls ( 10 percent ar, 15 percent sar )

can you calculate pls?
  • 309**

• Posted: 2009-06-20 09:22:51
    • i dont no stats of 110 weapon. pls include :

you fire / water / wind, AR , SAR your damage shown in your character tab or strength, weapons base damage and extra direct damage, pure skill damage, accessories s stats if it involves damage and s damage, hts, if youjust want to test it. pls use ur weapon and take everything else off since it ll get alot easier.

also i dont no exactly what fire / water / wind do i ve heard that each point of element adds 1 to all points ( str / dex / int ).

pls be specific.
  • ALE*********

• Posted: 2009-06-20 10:18:04
    • 220 str

763 int

can you calculate pls?

ok, sorry i add...68 elements...ca with weapon = 9795, without weapon 2570....this ca is without ht items or accs and no rdp.

weapon is 95 min max damage, 10 percent ar, 220 min max skill damage and 15 sar...base stats 268/425

tnx
  • 309**

• Posted: 2009-06-20 11:02:49
    • i think ur blades basic is 3xx-4xx other wise my eq wont make sense unless fire adds alot of damage. pls add me : zFly.

If the blade is really 368 - 425 base damage, my calculated sdamage is 9526, and ur max is 9691 with 201 str / 782 int.

I did not consider level versus damage, i think u can get some damage every lvl without addition of points, which is why It ll be alot easier if you can give me :

1: Your base damage shown in your character tab with everything including weapon / acc / ht.

2: your SAR ( AR is not needed since its included in your base damage )

3: your int and strength.

4: and confirm that 1 point of element adds 1 to all stats and thats all it does.

• BOK****

• Posted: 2009-06-20 12:05:58
    • -takes out a calculator- something to do when im bored ._.
  • JAD*********

• Posted: 2009-06-20 13:22:19
    • I tried out your equations On two of my characters and both returned results + or - 30 of being exact. It was almost spot on after I removed my gear and jused added naked + weapon. This is as accurate as that Def/Skill Def calc. Now its pretty easy to figure out what to do level by level to get the greatest improvement.

thanks for sharing and posting a good read
  • DEE********

• Posted: 2009-06-20 13:39:51
    • Woot i have finally seen the full form of a true

Geek O.O lol nah im just bugging good job on the

chart but omg not something i can comprehend
  • 309**

• Posted: 2009-06-20 14:07:12
    • This is only basic calculations lol. If involving both AR and SAR to try and find perfect str - int, that requires a ton of work.

at least now people dont have to ask all day about which is better,

a vio with pure base damage or a vio with some SAR or combo.

To achieve max damage this way means to sacrifice alot of hp, so this is only recommended for creeping and assassin 1 hitting other players ( oops ), otherwise you ll likly to be 1 hitted as well, so do not be too eagered to buy a affliction pill for that extra 1500 CA. Pls think twice before you change your build.

My intension for sharing this is to let people know which weapon to use instead, ( ex. bd or bm , if so what + ), not to change build unless they are really messed up
  • RAI*****

• Posted: 2009-06-20 15:22:06
    • sorry dude , but i think ur the only one who understands this , we have no F***ing ideea what u just wrote :|
  • JOS*****

• Posted: 2009-06-20 18:11:46
    • » wrote : ALEJ****220 str

763 int

can you calculate pls?

w/o ign xD typical

REDIM2

----------

275 str

899 int

WIND 276

Drac Spear +6 full pearls

I ll give you a clue : I got 17.7K CA
  • HER*******

• Posted: 2009-06-21 19:56:06
    • » wrote : 3090****Since many dont get this, here are some example.

Clean BM weapon ( advantage : pure skill damage directly added, therefore no matter what + it is, it does not affect what ponts you should put to maximize your damage )

Clean Spear : 291~378 with 100 extra damage added.

BM bracelet, which addsd 100 damages and 280 skill damages

This is common for people above 70. Assuming the character here for computation is 76 ( my lvl so i dont have to calculate possible points )

If you do not add anything to dex, your possible points should be :

580 points, including base points came along with lvl 1 character since they will also affect result.

So, the damage from your weapon and bracelet gives you an average of

534 damages.

So, your intel should be : ( 534 + 580 ) x .779/1.779 = 488.

So by subtraction, your str should be 92 points.

Now plug back into the CA equation :

0.05 x ( 92 + 534 ) x 488 ^ 0.779 = 3889.

There are extra damages coming from bracelet : 280 and spears base skill damage, i dont know what clean is but my +1 is 280.

So with a +1 spear and bm bracelet, max damage at lvl 76 possible (no ht) is 3889 + 280 + 280 = 4448.

My character is 200 str / 373 int, rest dex, with the above items, i have

3977 skill damages. As you can see the difference is significant. ( nearly 500 )

Also this build gives more intel ( skill defense ). If you still do not get it, you can post your lvl, possible stats, items including all damages and SAR and i can calculate your best fit stats for you.

WOW.... i dont understand all that sexy math but hats off for doing it

can you try get an equation on how much damage someone will hit accounting for CA and SDEF, like

(CA) - (SDEF) = damage

would be handy
  • LEW*******

• Posted: 2009-06-21 21:37:36
    • i admire this thread. and omg, i cannot begin to comprehend how much spare time you must have.
  • 309**

• Posted: 2009-06-21 22:34:03
    • Lol, u dont have to understand it, its just 2 eqautions, if you dont want to average anything thing then just plug in 2 numbers and type some keys using a calculator

0.05 times ( base damage ) times ( int ) to the power of 0.779) = CA

if you have pure skill damage from weapon or acc, just add directly to the calculated CA.

if you have SAR, then just muiltiply after addition.

Say, 200 str, 500 int, you use vio +5 SAR, and your base damage is 650 in average?

meaning its somwhere like 600-700.

so u do this: [0.05 x 650 x (500 ^ 0.779) + 120 skill damage comes from vio ]

then multiply by 1.2, cause of the 20 SAR.

• 309**

• Posted: 2009-06-21 22:34:13
    • About CA hitting on people. if not in fraction war its ABOUT:

( CA - skill defense ) / 2.

but off course its not this. so if you have 3000 CA, you ll hit 1000 to a guy with 1000 sdef. or if you have 10000 CA, you ll hit 3500 on a guy with 3k s def.

But, CA does not equal to skill damage due to diff skills

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW: can anyone who tested it post whether or not this works pls. thx
  • SAP******

• Posted: 2009-06-22 20:49:33
    • nice job ... it pretty much works ... doesnt give exact figure but with a margin of 10 to 15 percent

• WTB*****

• Posted: 2009-06-23 13:54:44
    • Applying gained knowledge to your hobbies is a plus. Good effort, good job sir. :)

** Side note, Ill move this to the player guides for you and sticky it, should be helpful for thoe who can use it.
  • BEA*******

• Posted: 2009-06-23 16:59:41
    • Awesome dude, I have been trying to figure out the equation. You did it before me ^^ you must be math major XD.

Have fun, I am doing the same thing for pet now, only its exp.....too lazy to compute the equation for the ppl in spreadsheet. i will soon tho, once i take a break from game and start workig on it. I love your guide

we should put a sticky on it ^^
  • PAN********

• Posted: 2009-06-24 06:13:09
    • Hi,

Im the author of the Def / SDef Calculation guide and according to my calculations, what this guy figured out is about 19,857 times more difficult than the math I used in my own guide. Great Job lol.

One problem though: CA itself is strictly a guide. You can have huge CA but ridiculously inconsistent damage where you only get your max hit, or even what should be your average hit, once in a blue moon. Id like to figure everything out, then program a calculator so normal people can just plug in the numbers on the gears and get results. Pigeon me in game please...
  • 309**

• Posted: 2009-06-25 02:52:12
    • hi, i dont know your ign

also to calculate the exact skill damage would be uber difficult.

i think int to skill damage is like dex to daamge, higher dex - more crit, higher int = more skill damage in similar way.

Obviously CA does affect skill damage. ( perhaps proportionally ) since no other numbers are shown in your characters tab, i assume that the designers of this game made it this way is because skills learned from skill books perform different ( or same ) operations on CA

someone in D9 told me once, sry i cant remember his name, that with same CA, guy with more int will do more skill damage
  • PAN********

• Posted: 2009-06-25 12:07:43
    • My IGN is DominoFlow, says it in my signature lol.

Hmmm, I never thought of it that way ... int provides "critical" (max) hit. Interesting.

I realize that calculating CA exactly would by time consuming and futile so lets not get into that lol however, Id like to program a calculator in Java. I can follow the CA equation youve posted earlier to make one for CA, but is there any other info that you could figure out? Like optimal strength and int to maximize CA for a given set of gears? (The calculator would have them input their weapons stats, their bracelets stats, and their HTs stats.) Also hehe, are you a math major? Howd you come up with those exponents? Im going to Brown for undergrad next year and still havent learned all of calculus and statistics, so I probably cant help too much hehe...

For now, just ignore Fire, Water, and Wind. No one knows enough about them yet (I think) and most of Hero cant afford the 2.25bil for ataraxia anyway lol.

Just looking at the equation, I have a question and a comment. The question, do you add minmax sdmg at the very end, or at some point before multiplying by the sar? (This question could b answered by adding the sdmg gem to a wep with sar on it and seeing if the result is the gems value, or more). And the comment: This equation will allow you to see at what point adding a given ar is more effective than adding that same amount of sar.

Oh, and one more thing lol. Ever level up and add str and int and watch your CA grow? It wont add the same amount every time (within a given 10 points or so, I know it changes a lot between lvl 40 and lvl 80 per se). Sometimes thats because its compensating for unseen decimals, but other times itll add a whole integer more or less than it should. Why? Cause its logarithmic somehow?
  • PAN********

• Posted: 2009-06-25 12:45:52
    • Has anyone tried just asking the GMs to ask the Devs for the godam answers? lol
  • ZOM****

• Posted: 2009-06-25 15:13:22
    • can this be put in excel? 0.o

it would be alot easier for people to use that way =D
  • PUD******

• Posted: 2009-06-25 19:55:45
    • fly can you calculate out my skill dmg too?i dont logged in for 1month ago but i think i have 140Str and 540-550Int and using clean Bm blade -.-
  • 309**

• Posted: 2009-06-26 09:31:01
    • Hi. yes i am math major, im so far freshmen with A on calculus 1,2,3,4 and have won some basic competitions. ( im a very lucky person )

i wrote exactly how i come up with the equation in this post in the first page somewhere.

equation is : constant x ( basic damage ) blablahblah.

so all min max daamge and AR are already included in your basic damage shown. you do not need to consider them at all since the info is given and pre-calculated. the only thing you need to do in addition is the direct sdamage on weapons and bracelets and SAR.

The CA from equation, in other words, is like your naked CA.

so add any direct sdamage to it, then do the SAR.

as for difference of CA for point of INT with diff lvl, its cause you gain 1 damage every 2 lvls naturally. to calculate anyones ca, all you need is:

1) basic damage ( already shown, so dont consider weapon / AR / HT )

2) Int. already shown also.

3) sdamage coming from weapon and bracelet, which is easy, just find the m and add them.

4)SAR. i think you guys know how to do that...
  • BEA*******

• Posted: 2009-06-27 18:13:48
    • i dunno how, but theres something not right about the equation when i try justify it with the spread sheet, sth is missing =x
  • BEA*******

• Posted: 2009-06-27 18:19:36
    • it seems to me that sdmg can be less than melee dmg if u are low lvl and has a str dominate build/ thats kinda unexpected.

But maybe I am wrong =x
  • IMM******

• Posted: 2009-07-05 22:13:11
    • wow...i think you should make people pay you atleast 10m per CA calculation...this is very helpful
  • OHA*****

• Posted: 2009-08-06 03:00:01
    • its not working..

i got ca of 3784 average and my actuall skill damage is about 5300

i think u forgot to count min-max skill damage...
  • 309**

• Posted: 2009-08-09 19:49:09
    • sry u did it wrong i did it a hundred times and it all works. u can tell me ur attack / sar / intel / pure sdaamge from gears and i can tell u how to find it.

the easiest way to prove it is to do with when ur naked with no gears on with no pure sdamage or sar so it will be very simple consisting of only 2 variables, attack and intel

my ign is xPhirex, if u dont believe me i can show u
  • JLO**

• Posted: 2009-09-06 23:04:23
    • You have alot of EQ in topic. Can you post the title use and then the EQ, respectively?

Find MxSDMG

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

NecessaryStr

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Great effort! Thank you.

Add my ign xPentiumx.

We discuss this more.
Top New topic
Display topics

Display topics from previous